Friday, October 16, 2015

Rhinos capture USL championship

USL News Release

It took more than 90 minutes for the Rochester Rhinos to find their first shot on goal, and second-half sub Asani Samuels twice rose to the occasion.

Samuels scored two set-piece goals – an equalizer in second-half stoppage time and the game-winner in the 112th minute – as the Rhinos defeated the LA Galaxy II 2-1 in overtime to capture the 2015 USL Championship at Sahlen’s Stadium. For his heroics, Samuels was named the match MVP.

“My coach told me to go out there and do my best; I just went there and did my best and worked hard for every ball,” Samuels said. “Everything, I tried to challenge and win.

“It’s all about confidence. My teammates, two of our better strikers were out, so I had to step up to the plate. … This is the best moment of my life.”

For more, visit uslsoccer.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment