Thursday, August 8, 2013

Eclipse Select's Addie Boardman kicks off 2013 fall season at DePauw

CHICAGO (Aug. 8, 2013) -- There are those who pick up a sport late in their youth days, and then there is Eclipse Select Soccer Club midfielder Addie Boardman.

Having spent more than a decade focused on volleyball, Boardman made a chance to her schedule by picking up soccer. She made that decision for her junior year at LaPorte High School, and now two years later, the LaPorte, Ind., native is preparing for the 2013 campaign for DePauw's women's soccer team.

"I had been a volleyball player for 12 years, but I still wanted to do a fall sport," Boardman said. "I went out for soccer, and honestly I had only played YMCA soccer when I was 5. At that time, I hated the running. But I decided to go out for LaPorte High School's team and made all-conference, which I didn't expect at all."

For more, visit EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment