Friday, May 17, 2013

Eclipse Select's Aguilera set for Wright State this fall

CHICAGO (May 17, 2013) – Eclipse Select Soccer Club NWI forward Paige Aguilera (Crown Point, Ind.) has thrived as a predominantly left-footed player on the pitch, and Wright State is looking to take advantage of that element.

Aguilera is committed to play for the Horizon League squad starting this fall, and she certainly hopes to make an immediate impact.

“I think I will have a chance of starting right away, but I need to push myself,” Aguilera said. “Being left-footed, they said they have a need on the left side. I could also be more of a midfielder or push up as a forward on the left side. They told me if I train hard during the summer and go over the regimen they gave me, do well and come in, I should have a good shot.”

Aguilera is certainly amped up about the next chapter in her career.

“I can’t be more excited,” Aguilera said. “Ever since I was younger, I’ve always wanted this, and to get there to train for my first college game is a great feeling. It’s everything I’ve worked for.

“The first time I visited the campus, everything fell into place,” she said. “I hung out with the team. And the fact that they have a good medical field words hand-in-hand with joining their soccer program, so it was perfect. I loved everything about it.”

For more, visit EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment