Tuesday, May 26, 2015

FIFA U-20 World Cup-bound Tommy Thompson's game budding

U.S. U-20 MNT's Tommy Thompson
Former Sacramento Republic FC loanee Tommy Thompson was named to the U.S. U-20 Men’s National Team’s World Cup roster earlier this month, and his first inclusion with the U-20s was a hectic experience.

Thompson made his U-20 debut at the 2014 National Training Center Invitational in mid-July, but he was not an original part of that tournament. Thompson was an alternate, and he was in the early stages of his USL loan with Republic FC when he received a call-up in the midst of the NTC Invitational.

“We had just played Richmond and I was on the bus when I got a phone call from an unknown number,” Thompson said. “I was on my way to play the Charlotte Eagles at the time, and the Federation asked me if I wanted to fly to L.A. to play with the U-20s against Bermuda and Australia. I said yes, if you can get me out there. So after the game against Charlotte, I booked a flight out directly after that game, took a cab, flew straight to L.A. and started against Bermuda.”

Read more at uslsoccer.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment