Friday, June 20, 2014

Eclipse Select defender Hannah Marwede bound for Miami in 2016

Eclipse Select's Hannah Marwede
CHICAGO (June 20, 2014) – Eclipse Select Soccer Club defender Hannah Marwede (Lake Forest, Ill.) credits the club for her increasingly assertive demeanor and leadership over the years. Now, Marwede will look forward to utilizing her skills in the incredibly competitive Atlantic Coast Conference.

Marwede recently announced her commitment to play for Miami starting in the fall of 2016, and representing the Hurricanes in the ACC is already motivating her as she continues performing at a high level with Eclipse Select.

“I’m just so excited to play in the ACC,” Marwede said. “I’m really looking forward to that, and just knowing that I will be playing in that conference makes me want to keep training super hard to help the team when I come in.

“I visited all types of schools – big, small, private and public – and after Miami came to one of our games, they showed interest in me. I was definitely interested, and I could tell after my first visit with them that things clicked and I fit in well with their coaching staff.”

Under the guidance of Eclipse Select President Rory Dames and the club’s experienced staff, Marwede says she has made the biggest strides in changing what she says was a passive approach before joining the club.

“When I first came to Eclipse, I was not a very aggressive player,” Marwede said. “Rory and the coaches branded the fact that you cannot be passive. They really changed me from a player who was too soft. Now I’m aggressive, hard-nosed, and mentally I’m much stronger.”

For more, visit EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment