Thursday, November 28, 2013

Eclipse Select's Redei shines on international stage for U.S. U-17 WNT

Eclipse Select forward Zoe Redei
CHICAGO (Nov. 28, 2013) -- As one of only two uncapped players heading into the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Women's Championship in Jamaica, Eclipse Select forward Zoe Redei thought she would need to wait her turn to have a voice on the U.S. U-17 Women's National Team.

Turns out, Redei would put together a National Team debut unparalleled by any previous women's player at the Youth National Team or senior National Team level.

The Highland Park, Ill., native scored a whopping four goals in her U-17 WNT debut and earned some well-deserved praise and acknowledgment during the tournament in late October and early November.

Following her four-goal game against Guatemala, Redei felt the heavy reception from the home front:

"My parents were watching at home and were not able to make it to Jamaica. All my teammates were watching. When I came back from the game, I had a bunch of text messages and notifications. I was really surprised. Almost all of my teammates texted me to tell me how proud they were. A bunch of people at home were sending me messages on Facebook, Instagram, people I didn't even know."

Read more about Redei's experience on EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment