Friday, April 5, 2013

Eclipse Select's Stuenkel of St. Charles headed to Iowa in 2014

CHICAGO (April 5, 2013) –Eclipse Select Soccer Club midfielder Karly Stuenkel (St. Charles, Ill.) wanted to find a strong college program, big college setting and a hometown feel. That destination proved to be Iowa City as she committed to play for the University of Iowa beginning in the fall of 2014.

“I’m so happy to be going there and have the chance to play in the Big Ten,” Stuenkel said. “I’m really excited that they showed this much interest in me.”

Louisville also was a top choice on Stuenkel’s radar, but she said she meshed well with the Hawkeyes program.

“Both schools take care of their athletes, and with Iowa I just clicked with their coaching staff,” Stuenkel said. “It was so nice, and they have taken that program and brought it up. I liked that. I realized how much I loved the school campus, and that it’s a big school but in a small type of city that reminds me of my hometown.”

No comments:

Post a Comment