Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eclipse Select Alumni: Quon, Lipp, Price preview Women's College Cup

(L-R) Rachel Quon, Nicole Lipp, Jessica Price
Eclipse Select Communications

CHICAGO -- The NCAA Women's College Cup is all the buzz heading into the weekend in Kennesaw, Ga. Locally, there are Eclipse Select Soccer Club alumni playing for three of the remaining four teams as Stanford faces Florida State and Duke takes on Wake Forest in Friday's semifinal matches for the right to play for a national championship on Sunday.

Eclipse Select alumni and Stanford junior defender Rachel Quon (Lake Forest, Ill./Lake Forest), Duke junior midfielder Nicole Lipp (Lake Forest, Ill./Lake Forest) and Florida State junior forward Jessica Price (Libertyville, Ill./Vernon Hills) had a chance to talk before Friday's semifinals.

Stanford's Quon on her multiple back roles: "I played outside right back for the first two years and with Eclipse Select at outside right back. I started working on everything with my left this season because I just wanted to help my team out. If it meant moving to the left, I wanted to do it. I think having the experience of playing both sides helps. I have more confidence, and my teammates helped me with that transition."

Duke's Lipp on seeing Eclipse Select alumni at this stage: "Honestly it's a credit to the coaches that not just one or two former players are here. I think it says a lot about the training that we got at Eclipse. The fact that we're all here and seeing some familiar faces compete against one another, without that training I wouldn't be here today."

FSU's Price on returning from her ACL injury in 2010: "It was definitely really difficult to get ready physically and mentally again. I wanted to have a strong impact on the team and I just kept reminding myself to do the best that I can and get back. It was a typical ACL rehab -- six months or so. I got back on the field this spring, which was kind of a struggle. But this summer I got more comfortable."

Read more at EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment