Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eclipse Select U-17's Hillsman commits to St. Louis University

Bridget Hillsman
Eclipse Select Communications

CHICAGO -- Eclipse Select Soccer Club U-17 midfielder and Elmhurst, Ill., native Bridget Hillsman has made a verbal commitment to play for St. Louis University. The Fenwick High School junior will join the Billikens for their 2013 campaign.

"It's a huge relief. I'm so excited," Hillsman said of making the commitment. "I've been looking forward to this since I was really little."

The St. Louis program clearly was in a rebuilding mode this year. But by the time Hillsman joins St. Louis, it should be a mostly veteran team. This year's Billikens roster featured three seniors, five juniors, and the top two scorers were underclassmen as they still finished around the middle of the pack in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

"I'm pretty optimistic," Hillsman said. "I know they have a young team, but looking at how they played throughout the season, they have a lot of freshmen who will be juniors when I get there. It will be a little bit of a different situation."

Read more at EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment