Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eclipse Select U-17 defender Schissler commits to Ohio State

Taylor Schissler
Eclipse Select Communications

CHICAGO -- Eclipse Select Soccer Club U-17 defender Taylor Schissler found everything she wanted in Ohio State University's women's soccer program.

The New Lenox, Ill., resident and Lincoln-Way Central junior announced her commitment to play for the Buckeyes starting in 2013, and she joins a Big Ten Conference program that created some national attention last year in advancing to the NCAA Tournament's Final Four.

"It's unbelievable," Schissler said of making the college commitment. "It really hasn't set in yet. I've always wanted to play at the D-I level, a Big Ten school. Last year's Final Four caught my eye, and when I visited there, I think I knew the weekend before I told them that I wanted to go there."

Ohio State was Schissler's top choice, and she also considered Arizona State during her search.

Read more at EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment