Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fire's Pardo wants long-term stay

Pavel Pardo -- Getty Images
By Charlie Corr
ESPNChicago.com

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Two games remain for the Chicago Fire, but midfielder Pavel Pardo will be limited to Chicago's home finale on Oct. 22 against the Columbus Crew. Pardo picked up a red card during the Fire's 2-1 loss to FC Dallas on Wednesday and is suspended for Saturday's match at D.C. United.

Pardo signed a six-month contract for the Fire, and on Wednesday he expressed his desire to stick with the organization for the long-term.

"Of course I'd like to come back," Pardo said. "I was talking about this situation with the people from the Fire, and they want me to be here for the next year. And I want to be here, but not for one year. I'd like to be here for more years. I've integrated with this team, the club and the fans. I'm very happy playing for the Chicago Fire."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment