Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fire GK Johnson finding groove

Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson -- Getty Images
By Charlie Corr
ESPNChicago.com

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Second-year Chicago Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson has looked more confident and more comfortable on the pitch.

Three victories in a four-game stretch also amplify Johnson's success. But even without those results, it has been apparent that Johnson's progression has made significant strides since the start of the season.

"The progression over last year to this year has gotten better, as a player and as a person," Johnson said. "Mentally and physically I've worked on my game, and I think it has been important for me to see different situations. Now I can kind of relate situations into my starting positions and things like that. I can only get better as I keep playing and get older."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment