Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ex-Eclipse Rodriguez lifts W.Va. in OT; DePaul's Gustafson nets 1st goal

Bri Rodriguez -- Chicago Red Stars
Eclipse Select Communications

CHICAGO -- Eclipse Select Soccer Club alumna and University of West Virginia junior midfielder Bri Rodriguez (Aurora, Ill./Waubonsie Valley High School) tallied a game-winning goal for a 1-0 overtime win over the University of Rutgers in Big East Conference play Sunday in Morgantown, W.Va.

Rodriguez chipped the ball over Rutgers goalkeeper Emmy Simpkins from about 25 yards out for the winning tally.

"I knew I got a hold of it," Rodriguez said. "I just didn't know if the goalie was out far enough where she could get back in. As soon as I saw it go into the back of the net, I got really excited."

DePaul's Gustafson tallies 1st goal in win: Eclipse Select alum and DePaul University freshman Kyle Gustafson (Libertyville, Ill./Libertyville) netted his first collegiate goal during the Blue Demons' 2-1 win over Seton Hall in their Big East opener Saturday at Wish Field in Chicago.

"We got a corner kick in the first half and Mauricio Velasco gave me a good in-swinger that floated over the goalie's head, Gustafson said. "Luckily I was able to get my head down on it. It's always good to get that first one out of the way."

Read more at EclipseSelect.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment