Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nyarko, Oduro typify Man U fandom

Getty Images
By Charlie Corr
ESPNChicago.com

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Chicago Fire midfielder Patrick Nyarko and forward Dominic Oduro exemplify the type of international draw that Manchester United has.

The Ghanaian duo has followed Man U's brand of soccer since they were kids. And like tens of millions of other Red Devils fans, they have appreciated everything from afar. That changes when the Fire face the defending Premier League champs at 4 p.m. Saturday at Soldier Field (ESPN2) as part of the World Football Challenge.

"I've never been to Old Trafford," Oduro said. "I've only seen them on TV, but I've enjoyed it a lot. For me to be on the field with them, this is just going to be a dream come true. It's an amazing feeling. ... Hopefully I can score a goal against them."

"My family was in tune with the Premiership, and I picked Man United," Nyarko said. "I couldn't tell you why to this day. At some point I just picked them. Most of it was just the sake of argument at school, so we would talk about the passion of foreign teams in the EPL. I watch every single game that I can. They're an amazing team."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment