Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bradley out; Fire trade Robinson

Bob Bradley -- Getty Images
By Charlie Corr
ESPNChicago.com

Former Chicago Fire head coach Bob Bradley's tenure as the U.S. National Team head coach has ended. U.S. Soccer announced Thursday that he has been relieved of his duties for the national squad.

"I was shocked, just like you and most people were," Fire interim head coach Frank Klopas said Thursday after the team's training. "I was on a flight back and someone told me at training. Obviously I have tremendous respect for Bob. He coached me here for two years -- very memorable years. And I was on the staff with him for a year. So to tell you the truth, I'm shocked."

Also on Thursday, the Fire traded defender Dasan Robinson to Toronto FC on Thursday in exchange for defender Dan Gargan and Toronto's 2012 MLS SuperDraft second-round selection.

"We had an opportunity to acquire another defender and provide depth for our club," Toronto head coach Aron Winter said on the team's official web site. "... Dasan brings us depth and versatility because he can play central defense or right back."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment