Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fire midfielder Bone earns chance

Corben Bone -- Getty Images
Chicago Fire midfielder and 2010 first-round draft pick Corben Bone spent all of last season waiting for a moment to prove his worth.

Bone saw his fellow draft teammates getting significant playing time, as goalkeeper Sean Johnson and defenders Steven Kinney and Kwame Watson-Siriboe each logged 10 or more games last season. Bone, however, logged only 114 minutes in five league games.

But last year's 13th overall selection out of Wake Forest is finally getting his chance this year, and he is coming off his most impressive performance during the Fire's recent 2-2 draw against Toronto FC.

"I haven't had too much success in the past year, but I'm starting to get some games now, and it's been the best game for me so far," said Bone, who assisted Orr Barouch's game-tying goal on Saturday. "I was pleased with my performance and I was pretty good in spots, got to go 1-on-1 a couple times when I got the ball in the box and was able to make some good passes. Overall, I found the ball a lot."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment