Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fire's Husidic continues to progress

Fire's Baggio Husidic -- Getty Images
With only two seasons under his belt, Chicago Fire midfielder Baggio Husidic has stepped in comfortably following his University of Illinois-Chicago days.

The 2009 draft pick and Libertyville High School alum earned regular minutes in his second season last year, posting 18 starts in 22 games. Husidic tallied five goals, ranking third on the club.

And more will be expected from Husidic in his third campaign.

"Personally, I think I've progressed quite a bit," Husidic said. "Last year I sat on the bench coming from preseason and early in the season. So this year I've fought for a starting spot and thus far have been in the first 11. I'm hoping that the confidence keeps growing and I keep improving."

Read more at ESPNChicago.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment